Confused Newbie 🤷🏻‍♀️

I’m sooooo confused. I keep reading posts on Reddit that this can never get to $0.01 due to the market cap and how many coins exist. Is that correct? How can/would safemoon eventually get to or above $.01? Any help is appreciated. Trying to make sure I’m making wise investment choices for long term gains.

I think using the word ‘never’ is a bit much... I think ‘very very unlikely in the near future’ would be better.

Without going into technicalities there are a lot of things that need to fall in place over a long period of time for that to happen, even if they do we may still fall short.

Put that price aside and look at SafeMoon to give you a more achievable return. Hitting $0.0001 would give us a great return on our investments. If we hit that then re-asses what our future goals may be.

i believe they will stop burning tokens at 25 trillion is what i believe i heard on an ama... so we would have to have a market cap of 250 billion with 25 trillion tokens.... we would have to burn over 400 trillion tokens... there is no way to do the math.... but it is possible i could see that happening in 3-10 years but i dont see it really with in the next 5 years to be honest... its worth the hold... 

• Like 1

And remember: when SFM hits 0.01 in a consistent way (doesn´t matter if it takes 5-7 years), there's nothing stopping it to reach 0.02, 0.03...

But for now, let's just go step by step and try to reduce one more 0 from the decimals

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey confused Newbie. A couple of months back I believed it was possible for safemoon to reach 0.01 in the long term. Perhaps 10 years, probably more.  Now I’m pretty certain it will, probably much sooner. However, it doesn’t really matter if it reaches that much if you’re in now and take a wholesome view of all the variables of tokenomics. I don’t think the majority who say it’s impossible to reach 0.01 are intentionally spreading FUD, they just haven’t done full research on tokenomics and the use cases for the token. The majority wrongly base the assertion that it can’t reach 0.01 on the number of tokens as 1 quadrillion, rather than the number in circulation, which is much lower and reducing daily. Those that I have reached out to have changed their minds but it’s quite a long listen and I’m only scratching the surface there. 

The rate at which the coins in circulation reduces, is dependant on volume. With so many upcoming use cases for safemoon, it’s almost inevitable both volume and price will rise. Once we have the major use cases up and running I’d say only a deep crypto winter would keep the volumes where they are right now. Even then, we’d still all realise long term gains if we hodl. Kind of back to where initial thoughts were a few months back.

Remember the growing upcoming list of use cases; The wallet, exchange, blockchain, The Gambia, bridges making safemoon more accessible, Apple Pay, direct purchase on website via simplex etc. With that, volume will most likely increase, the price is likely to rise AND the rate of burn will increase. With these variables moving in the right direction we would see insane gains. Remember, price is only one factor for you as a holder. How many coins you have (and will gain as a holder in reflections, compounded over time) is the other. Burn ending would be the end of reflections as we know it as the burn wallet receives reflections. That needn’t mean the end of reflections period.

There has been no firm call on when the burn will end and the community will be consulted if and when the call has to be made. That’s the only real assertion that has been made. Others may have picked up on what I believed to be an on the spot, throw away comment of 25trillion based on speculation, rather than the real life situation, in year(s) to come, when it faces us. Top whales at the moment are reducing their bags slowly but surely, which is good for the overall community. It’s the size of their bags that will ultimately dictate if burn is paused, (for caution) or stopped completely (when no small collective who sells can have a significant impact on the value of the token.) This call seems a long way off right now, but again, it could come much sooner than anyone initially or reasonably anticipated a month or two ago. Their slow sell right now is good for the community in a way because the longer the price stays low but stable, everyone is picking up more tokens in reflections than they would if the price were high for the same given volume.

I’m not a day trader and unlikely to ever be one. I’ve seen too many smarter than me (in this space) lose their shirt trying.  I’m an average AL, mid- long term speculator and I can’t complain about what that has brought me so far, (albeit outside crypto.) I see the same patterns mid-long term in crypto as I do elsewhere. However, I do believe the future potential in safemoon in particular is nothing short of insane. If you need a Lambo next month, I’d say you’re a few months too late, go day trade and speculate elsewhere. But beware, it’s more likely you’ll be contributing to someone else’s Lambo and probably lose your compact exec in the process.

If you’re happy to wait a few years, put your feet up, stick around here and see what happens. Make up your own mind. Do your own research, but more importantly try and do ALL the research. Unless (and I find this one quite bizarre,) it’s a tweet from Elon Musk, I’ve learned one liners in this space only tells part of a story. Safemoon is an Evolution. Everything that Safemoon is doing is learning from previous successes and failures of others, improving on what’s already out there or gone before and innovating. 

• Like 1